Sunday, August 8, 2010

will you pass the salt and pepper!?!

i've always been a strong believer that it's the little things in life that are important...

it all started a couple of years ago, my mom, mamaw, and myself were shopping in a little antique shop in this cute little town south of where we live. we saw this booth full of random old salt and pepper shakers. it was hilarious to see what all had been created into the shakers, funny little pieces, holiday themes, creepy looking animals, etc. my family and i joked, since mamaw collects bells and mom collects precious moments, that i should start collecting salt and pepper shakers. no purchases were made that day, since we mainly just joked about it. but after we left that little shop, the idea stuck in my head, so i mentioned that maybe it would be fun to collect salt and pepper shakers... and so i started doing just that.

i thought it'd be fun to share my collection with you, as i think, just in the short time i've been collecting, i've acquired some pretty unique pieces! and yes... these are all salt and pepper shakers! some of them have little trays or little animals holding the actual shakers, but in some way, shape, or form salt and pepper could be sprinkled from all of them :)










































































i've only just started my collection, but already, i have some great pieces! i can't wait to see what more years of collecting will bring!

3 comments:

  1. WOW, Nikki, I had no idea you were a closet collector of something strange!!!! This is so neat, I love the hotdog one, so cute! This is a nice little collection you've got going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha! thanks! the hotdog one is my newest, i got it this weekend :)

    if you go on any crazy trips, please bring me one back and i'll definitely repay you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so adorable!!! I am so glad to know that you enjoy the finer things in life :-) haha and I will keep you in mind if I ever stumble across such fantastic items!

    ReplyDelete