Friday, August 6, 2010

no song to go with this one... but a good summer reading recommendation!

i'm pretty picky about the books i chose to read... i love books that i can fall into, escape into the world of the characters, a book that allows me to picture the book's events in a movie reel running through my head!

i just finished reading "the death and life of charlie st. cloud." a story i scoffed at when i saw the previews in the theaters, laughing that "oh geez another nicholas sparks book/movie". i know that may offend some, as mr. sparks is a very popular author amongst the female population for his romantic love stories and tearful endings. i was pleasantly surprised to find out that charlie st. cloud was not a sparks novel, rather a story highly recommended by barnes and noble, their claims that author (ben sherwood) captured the mystery of that place between life and death.

curled up with my new e-reader, i dived into the story of charlie st. cloud... each page i turned (or clicked as it were on my nook) reigned me in to this story that i was praying would end the way i wanted it to!

i love losing myself briefly in the words of an author, finding myself tuned out to the noises and things going on around me. this 213 page book by ben sherwood did just that, it stole me away into the world of charlie st. cloud and tess carroll! i won't spoil the ending... but i can tell you that it captured me, granted i had the images of zac efron and amanda crew in my head as i read through their characters story, but i had that movie-like reel running through my head as i breezed through the pages.


this weekend i'll get to experience the actual movie reel... the movie of charlie st. cloud and i'm excited about it. but now that i finished reading that book, i want to move onto the next book that captures me... the twilight saga always does that for me, as did all the harry potter books, but i've read them several times. i loved mr. sherwood's tale. now i want more. i want a new book. any suggestions as i search for the next adventure into the electronic pages of a book? i've been searching barnes and noble's website for just the right book, but i have yet to find it... don't worry though, i'm still looking :)

No comments:

Post a Comment