Wednesday, May 19, 2010

where the story ends

for the last 2.5 yrs i've been responsible for studying and reading from textbooks.
now i want to be responsible for enjoying books that i picked out myself (although that'll have to be coupled with studying for state board exams along the way).

i'm giving the fray a little (actually a lot, they melt my heart no matter my mood) love. "where the story ends" is cheesy considering my post is about books, but at the same time i'm still writing my story, so i find it quite appropriate, who knows where my story will ultimately find its end. i'm finishing up my school career with three 8-week clinicals before graduating with a doctorate in physical therapy. the past 2 years have been a story in themselves, yet i know that come 2011, i'll be putting a whole new ink to a whole new type of paper.

so... books to read before i graduate (december 15th, 2010), in no particular order:
  1. Vampire Diaries (yes... i finally gave into the world of vampires; i've started this series and need to finish it; books 3 and 4 to go)... and finishing that series may lead me back to the Twilight Saga (Edward in all his glittering-ness!)
  2. The Red Tent (read it before, but it's worthy enough to be re-read)
  3. The Secret Life of Bees (i've seen and loved the movie; heard the book was amazing!)
  4. The Kite Runner
this is a running list... a changeable list. i'd love for anyone to share recommendations, must reads, classics, feel-goods, anything that strikes your fancy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment